Monday, December 13, 2010

Congrats for Grandma!

Good Monday morning......at least it would be if we hadn't had a huge dump of snow throughout last night, and still persisting this morning! I certainly have no intention of heading out today, so I thought I'd make the effort and visit 'blogland'.......2 days in a row! I will try to be a more frequent visitor this week, especially as my scrapping friend Dee is probably getting tired of sitting with coffee in hand every morning, waiting for little old Miss No Show here!

On to business......a card no doubt. Remember a while back, I mentioned I had to make 3 baby cards - 2 for colleagues expecting pink bundles early next year, and the other for a first time Grandma, who's bundle of 'boy' arrived last month? Anyhow, so far I've only ever posted one card, which you can check out here if you really feel the urge to. Today, I'm here with the second......Grandma's 'Congratulations' card...........


This is another sweet image designed by Lori Boyd called Sugar Stick Girl with Stroller, and you can find her of course over at the Lollipop Shop. I thought I'd do some paper piecing on here and I really love this digi paper, which I picked up as a freebie from Pop"N"Stick a while back. I thought it would work perfectly for a Grandma type of card.....not too 'babyish'.

I coloured what was left of the image using mainly Copic's and a touch of Prisma's. Now don't examine her face too closely (I know that's exactly what you will now do!) but this is what happens when your E000 marker is practically dried out, and you are desperately trying to coax the last dying dregs from it..............a girl with a far from satisfactory spray tan session! Never fear, I've recently purchased a new marker.

I added a couple of brads to serve as wheels, a ticket with a rub-on, doodled around the edge of the DP, added ribbon and a safety pin........done. I like this card, but then again, I do have a 'thing' for plaid!

This little lady will be wheeling her way into the following challenges:

Karber Weekly Challenge - #18 Anything Goes

Creative Card Crew Challenge - Anything Goes

Delicious Doodles - #4 Recipe.....use 1 image, 2 DP's, 3 embellishments

Totally Papercrafts Challenge - #46 Paper piecing

Marks Finest Papers - #33 Paper piecing

CES Challenges - #16 Anything but a Christmas Card

Bye for now.

12 comments:

redwasher1

WOW! This is so adorable!!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

Anita Bownds

cute card,love the colours..
Thanks for joining us this week at Delicious Doodles challenge blog hope you join us next week!! Merry Christmas, Hugs ..Anita

Becky

Fabulous card and fabulous paper piecing, love the design paper. Thank you for sharing this with us at Speedy's Friends.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe

Just so sweet hun! Love the paper combo looks great!!
Thank you for sharing with us this week at CES Challenges, good luck!
Hugs shell xx

Saskia

Great card... so sweet and so elegant!

Lovely to see your work at Delicious Doodles Challenges! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Anonymous

This is great, it works perfectly with the design x

Unknown

Such a darling card! Thank you for playing The Karber Weekly Challenge :)

Vicki Dutcher

Love your Paper piecing! Awesome paper! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Teri

Super card hun!
Thank you for playing along with our Delicious Doodles challenge this week, and good luck!
Hugs,
Teri x

Keep It Sweet and Simple

This is just adorable. I love your paper pieceing and the little card candy wheels.
Thanks for joining this week's paper-piecing challenge at Totally Papercrafts.
Caroline xxx

mckinkle

Hello Jayne,

Oooh I really love your card! That dp is stunning (thanks for the tip off!) and your colouring is amazing.

Thank You very much for joining us this week at Delicious Doodles, hopefully you might be able to join us again really soon!

Keryn :)

Emma

Such an adorable card, gorgeous image and love the papers.
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...