Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My first ATC.

Hi there, hope you're having a good week so far.

I recently joined an ATC swap on the Two Scrapbook Friends Forum, which originally, I had no intention of taking part in! I have nothing against ATC's, I'd just never made one before and didn't think I would have any need for them.

That was until I saw the colour scheme that was chosen......teal, brown and cream.......how could I refuse?

The theme for the swap was decided around the beginning of the year, so we all chose a word for our year.....a resolution.......a commitment of sorts. I chose "Strive".

So ATC 101 here we go and I was away, along with 11 other lovely ladies.

Today I'm just going to show you my ATC, as I purchased the perfect frame to hold all twelve, but can't quite decide how to finish it yet! I'm torn between keeping things simple or adding some 'crackle'.

I'll post the whole ensemble when it's done, but for now, today's word is "Strive"................


I kept things fairly simple, but when the idea of associating wings with the word "Strive" stumbled through my brain, I knew the feathers would have to make an appearance!

The background paper is from My Minds Eye but the script and note paper are Prima. I cut the teeny wings with my Slice and printed the word using.....well.....Word!

I hope you'll drop in again when I can show you the finished dozen.....beauties I tell ya!
Have a great day
Jayne.x.

5 comments:

JanR

Jayne, I absolutely adore your ATC. It's perfect. And great papers too!

Anonymous

Jayne, this is gorgeous! I love the colour scheme. I can't wait to see your 12.
xx

Dee

Wow, this is beautiful, as all your work is! You always "strive" to encourage and inspire us. The rest of the 12 can't come soon enough...thanks so much!

Laureen

Really the wings just fit your word, STRIVE! love it!

Deanna

Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...