Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A sketch.....mine!

Hi there, it's me here with my first 'Sketch Challenge' for the Two Scrapbook Friends forum.

Yep this is where members of the DT have been given the task of creating our own sketches to be used for a weekly challenge. Sounds like fun....yes?

Be warned, I am certainly no Photoshop expert, so I turned to the good old fashioned pencil and paper! At least the final version of this sketch looks a lot better than the scribbled ones usually floating around my desk at home.

So here goes, I'm keeping things fairly simple for my first attempt.......................


If you'd like to join in, please feel free to use this for a scrapbook page, tweak it for a card LO or anywhere else your creativity takes you.

I came up with a layout using the Yankee Doodles line from We R Memory Keepers, which I picked up from the store quite a while ago, and have been hoarding ever since!



So I guess you can see, scale wise, I didn't stick exactly to my own sketch, but really, this is the beauty of a sketch......it's your starting point to build upon.

As soon as I started laying pieces down upon the page, I realized that if I expanded things a little, and altered the angles of the photo's, my sketch mimicked the carousel my daughter was riding.

The scalloped strip became a zig-zagged canopy...........



........and I cut a fairground style banner at the base, to hold the subtitle. I also added a little texture with my crimper.


I originally intended to use a doily at the top of the page, but to continue with the theme, I created a rosette semi circle which holds the title nicely. Alpha's are from Echo Park and seemed to fit perfectly too.


Well that's all from me, but I do hope you'll play along with today's challenge on the forum. I think the simplicity of this sketch allows for hundreds of possibilities, all of which will be completely different from mine I'm sure. I can't wait to see what you come up with, but most importantly......have fun!

Enjoy your day
Jayne.x.

6 comments:

Sharon

Jayne your sketch is perfect! Love that you added shading/dots to denote different papers.

Your sample is amazing, love the half accordion and what you did with that line!

JanR

Oooh, such a great sketch and an awesome layout! The colours are wonderful and I love how your whole layout actually resembles a carousel. The textures are incredible too!

Dee

Congrats on your first sketch! I love the red, white and blue...it certainly reminds me of a merry-go-round. Your embellishments are wonderful! And of course, the pictures are so very cute! What an awesome remembrance!

Anonymous

Oh my word, this is FANTASTIC Jayne!! Great sketch and a wonderful LO!
xx

Joanne

Wow Jayne! Your sketch is amazing and your layout is stunning!

Christa

Jayne, your sketch is so very good. I am very impressed; you would never know you haven't been designing sketches your whole life!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...