Sunday, February 26, 2012

Summer days..........

Hello. Thought I'd hop on here with another quick scrapbook page. I got a chance to join in with one of the challenges yesterday for the Two Scrapbook Friends Online Crop.

This particular challenge was from Christa, a fellow member of the DT, to use some of your Summer stash. Is it any surprise I got to work on this one first.........I have plenty of stash! My layout uses last years Pink Paislee papers and embellishments...........


For the last 18 hours or so I have battled the temptation to fill the white space! Now I am finally at peace and no longer feel the need to stick more on there. Could this be the new me?

I'm actually quite happy with the outcome and the whole process......no faffing, worrying, need for perfection........well maybe a little of the perfection part! I almost caved when my eldest dd looked at it and said 'it looks a little bare'.......but no, be strong, she is 8....I am.......well anyhow, I'm standing my ground!

The title was conveniently pre-made for me by a banner strip, and I added pieces cut from the PP with a few Dew Drops.......



My stash of yellow buttons helped with the circle and the pennants are made from the excess I cut from the title.........

Finally, I quite like the thermometer I cut from the PP to form a sun, and popped behind a die cut cloud.............


That's all for today, but I'll be back this week with various bits and bobs!
Have a great day
Jayne.x.

4 comments:

JanR

DO NOT FILL THAT WHITE SPACE!! I love, love, love this. Love all the details, espec the buttons and the thermometer sun. Gorgeous!

Dee

This is awesome....I love the plan, the embellishments, the colours. and the white space. The bingo card is so cute! Great job Jayne, I am proud of you for not caving :)!

Sharon

Fabulous use of white sapce! Love the little thermometor for a sun! And the buttons are perfect.

Deanna

Beautiful Jayne!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...