Friday, June 15, 2012

An apple (or maybe a bookmark) for teacher!

Good morning!
Sorry I've been a little absent this week........it's true what they say about the best laid plans!

Anyhow, it's time for Friendzy Friday over on the Two Scrapbook Friends Blog and Forum so here I am again.

The end of the school year is drawing to a close here in Canada, so my thoughts are turning to cards and gifts for teacher.

I'd thought I'd share a simple little idea I'll be running with this year......a bookmark card.

They are really easy to make and who doesn't like a card with a little added bonus - I know we're probably hoping for cash here, but you can't have everything!

All you really need to make one of these are papers and embellishments of your choice, plus a perforating blade on your trimmer.  If you don't have one of these you could still achieve the same results by using a ruler, a piercing tool and a little patience!

So, a bookmark card in three basic steps:

Step1

Take a 5"x7" card.  You can use any size, but I find this works well as it gives you plenty of room to fit everything on there.  Cut a 'bookmark' sized section from the front cover only......I've cut 1 3/4'' from the right edge on the front panel.


Step 2

Using this same measurement (1 3/4") score along the back panel only using a perforating blade.  I scored 1 3/4" from the right edge on the back panel.




Step 3

Decorate as you wish.  There are no restrictions as to how you decorate the 'card' portion, however my only word of advice is that you keep embellishments fairly flat on the 'bookmark' section of the card, as it will eventually be lying between the pages of a book.  I usually add some ribbon, twine, beads or charm etc. to the top or bottom of the bookmark, to ensure there is something to protrude from the book.


Finally, one last point which I'm sure is common sense, remember to decorate the two sections (card and bookmark) as two separate entities, to ensure the recipient is able to detach the bookmark easily!


There we have it, one down.........a few more to go!

Your deadline for completion is two weeks from today :-) so have fun , and I'll see you next time,
Jayne.x.

4 comments:

Doreen

This is just gorgeous...love the fab image and colours.xxx

Anonymous

Fantastic!! I love this Jayne - thanks for sharing.
xxx

Dee

The finished product is great. Any teacher would love to receive this! I really like the sentiment too!

Deanna

This is a really great idea Jayne! It turned out awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...