Friday, June 29, 2012

Pencils are my best friend.........and a few changes around here!

Good morning, another beautiful day.


It's put me in the mood for 'Spring cleaning'!  A little late I know, but what do you think of the new look?


I thought it was time for a change as things were looking a little tired around here, and I'm not sure if this is 'it'........you know 'it', as in do I love 'it', or I just can't be bothered to change the whole blog design again type of 'it'?  We'll see how things go, but for now, I like 'it'!


Well today's post is a card, and as the title suggests, the Prisma pencils have made their comfy little way into my clumsy paws.  Oh how I love them!  Every time I use them these days, it's like I've forgotten how awesome they are to work with, but today they are especially my friend.  The reason why.........black hair!


Need I say more?  Don't get me wrong, I love my Copic's too, but when I tackle the slightly trickier tasks of let's say BLACK HAIR (which I do quite enjoy with Copic's as it's a challenge that get's the juices flowing!), Prisma's are just so........easy!  They do the job for you, and all with just one colour no less........BLACK!


Anyhow, enough waffling, I guess I should post the card.






Wow look at that.....it even co-ordinates with the new blog look perfectly.....happy coincidence!


This card has a combination of 3 of my favourites:


#1. You may have guessed already from the previous hints....Prisma Pencils, and I guess I should mention the other half of the dynamic duo....Odourless Colourless Mineral Spirits.
#2. Another awesome digital image from Saturated Canary.  Every one of Krista's images inspires me to create pretty things.
#3. Authentique paper.  The quality of this stuff is second to none and I'm officially now a hoarder.  I can't wait for the next collection to be released, even though I have the previous 5 sitting untouched.  Can't help it ....it's just so pretty, I want it all!


Here's a little close up of the colouring deets for ya............






Lot's of little extra bits and pieces on here, some vintage, some modern.  Distress inks, torn edges, border punch, lace, ribbon, pearls, and those rolled fowers are made using a Dienamics die and a couple of different shades of canvas I had lying around.






Well that's about it from me for today.


I'm going out to enjoy the sushine and my last day of freedom...........it's the last day of school ya know........need I say more?!!


Have a good one and I'll see you soon,
Jayne.x.
-------------------------------------------------------
Challenges entered:
ATC's & Cards With Attitude - Anything Goes
Cardmadfairy's Digi Days Challenge - Girly Challenge
Chocolate Coffee and Cards Challenges - #16 Anything Goes
Fat Pages and Cards With Attitude - #17 Anything Goes
Totally Papercrafts Friday Challenges - Use a Digi
Crafty Creations Challenges - #176 Use at least 3 embellishments
My Mums Craft Shop Challenges - #63 Use a favourite stamp
The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog - #70 Punches and/or Dies
Bearly Mine Challenges - #41 Anything Goes
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - #25 Girls, Girls, Girls
Crafty Cardmakers - #71 Make your own Flowers
Incy Wincy Designs - Anything Goes
Love To Create Challenge Blog - #21 Anything Goes
Pile It On - #26 Make your own Embellishments

26 comments:

Louise (Mamilou)

Really nice new look Jayne! Everybody seems to be changing the look of their blogs lately! I love it. My only mini-complaint was it is a little bit harder for me (with my old eyes) to read. I had to increase the size of my screen (you know with Ctrl+mouse) but I find it very fresh, very summery.

And that project! Oh WOW.... gorgeous. And the black hair!!! Gorgeous.

Enjoy your day of freedom... and a long weekend to start off the Summer!

Christy

So beautiful!!

Dee

Jayne, you are always upping the ante!!! I love the new look, and the card is so awesome. I also am a fan of Saturated Canary and Authentique, thanks to you! Just bought a new one yesterday. Your card is wonderful and the colouring is so inspiring! Thanks so much for encouraging me to be more creative and try new things! You are indeed an inspiration!!! Thanks!

Nannieflash

Gorgeous card love your image and your card design. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Tanya

This is beautiful Jane, your colouring is fantastic, I love the layout and colourscheme and those flowers :)

Thanks for joining us at My Mum's Craft Shop Challenges :)

Tanya xx

fatmonica

It's beautiful.I love the image and the flowers.Thanks for sharing with us at ATCs and Cards with Attitude.

Crafty and Green

Stunningly Beautiful!! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Love to Create Challenge! We Really Appreciate your Support & your Creativity! Please Come Back & Play with us again really soon!!

Many Blessings,
Tina

Debs

Gorgeous card, lovely image and great colour scheme.
Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter.
Hugs Debs

Kim

fantastic card and great image - your colouring is fab! thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts
Kim x

Gaynor Greaves

This is adorable, love the stamp and your LO, thanks for joining our challenge My Mum's craft shop, Gaynor DT xx

ahlers5

Love the coloring and the image. I really must dig my Prismacolors back out. Thanks so much for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Diane

Mynn xx

Such a darling image! And your coloring is AMAZING!!! I am horrendous at coloring...thanks for joining us at CCM--fabulous flowers! :)

Purple mad Alison

OMG That is a work of art, fabulous. Love the way you've put this together, she's just too cute! Great embellishments too.
Thanks for joining us over on ATCs & Fat Pages With Attitude.
Hugs Alison x x

craftyb

gorgeous card! LOVE the image and you totally brought her to life with your awesome colouring! Love all the embellies - thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges this week! bx

Deanne Saunders

Such a cute card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our PILE IT ON challenge!!!
~DEANNE~

Deanna

Gorgeous card jayne and love the new look!

Bente

Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenges this week.
Hugs, Bente

Leah's crafts

awesome is not even close this is stunning . So beautifully coloured and put together . Thank you so much for joining us at atcs and cards with attitude x

Cazro

Wow, this card is stunning, beautiful background papers and wonderful colouring. Thanks for sharing with us at ATCs &Fat pages with Attitude. Caz

marion82

smashing card and excellent coloring!!
Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenges!!
hugs
xMx

you can visit
http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
for my free digis!!

Anonymous

Fabulous colouring and a beautiful card Jayne! Love your new blog look too.
xxx

J

Stunning colouring (I so envy your ability to do realistic hair...!!) and a lovely card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Jackie

Sheila

Stunning card and such a pretty Digi. Thanks for joining us at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days, Sheila x

Feebsy

Oooh isn't she fabulous! I love the shading on your colouring it looks amazing. I have to admit I tend to use coloured pencils for black hair too, I'm pretty useless at it with Promarkers, love the layout and papers you've used too and those shabby chic flowers are wonderful.Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Feebsy
xx

Debbie

Stunning card...so pretty. Thank you for joining us at CC&CC this time.
Debbie x

Christa

Wow, I like the new blog..it is a new look and I think change is always a good way to keep our creativity FRESH. I am in that process too! (have your seen LeeLou blogs?)

Aside from that, your card is divine. The black hair and the colours match perfectly with the Authentique.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...