Monday, July 9, 2012

Snap Happy 'Old School' Style

It's time for another Crafty Challenge over on the Two Scrapbook Friends Forum, and today we're going Snap Happy but with a twist.......we're taking it back a few decades!

For my challenge I'd like to see a card or layout with a 'Polaroid' style shot on there.


Polaroid style photographs are a popular trend in scrapbooking right now, so there are many options available to create this look, without having to scour antique stores for an original camera.


Some paper companies (My Minds Eye for one) are even including images on their patterned papers, which can be easily cut out and used individually.


Picassa has a great tool in their program too, which enables you to print your own photographs in this style.


Another easy way is to create your own, by trimming your photographs and adding a wide matt of cardstock.  I used this method on a recent scrapbook page, and used the following dimensions:


Photograph 2 3/4" by 2 3/4"

Cardstock 3 3/4" by 3 1/8"

I have another scrapbook layout as an example for you today, and this time I used papers from the My Minds Eye 'Follow Your Heart' line.  I was able to cut a Polaroid frame from the images on one of the papers, and
I thought it would be fun to lay the frame directly over my 4"x6" photograph without trimming.



 


I also couldn't believe my luck when I found this metal heart embellishment in my stash.........a make n' take from Maya Road at Scrapfest earlier this year, which just happened to have the perfect colours to match the scheme on my page.



All the doily circles are fussy cut from another sheet of PP and there's a variety of fonts, together with stitching and a quick spritz of Maya Road mist.


An abundance of tags and more stitching............



And more of the above!



I hope you'll get to join in with this weeks challenge and don't forget to upload your creations to the Forum and Gallery in order to collect buttons toward your next gift certificate.


Have a great day and I'll see you soon,
Jayne.x.

4 comments:

Dee

This page is entirely awesome! I love the layout, embellishments, colours, sewing and just everything about it! Another wonderful dose of creativity for us who need it! Thanks Jayne!

Louise (Mamilou)

Beautiful layout. I really really like your page Jayne. I hope I can find the time to do this one, Ido have some Polaroid frames shape to cut with the Silhouette, so I am almost set... LOL

Sharon

Just lovely Jayne! Great stitching, perfect paper combinations and fun title!

Joanne

I totally adore this layout Jayne! I love all the tags and your stitched circles!
Joanne xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...