Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Day Trippin'

Good morning.

It's a beautiful Fall (Summer!) day here and we're half way through another week, so hope things are going well for you.

I'm back with another scrapbook page today, using Prima's Doodle-Deux collection from my recent DT Kit with Two Scrapbook Friends.

This one shows photo's from an impromptu day trip to Toronto earlier in the year, on a beautiful Spring day, so here goes............



The smaller shot on there had my husband lying on his back on the concrete, to snap an upwards view of my girls and the CN Tower.

You may notice a common theme through all of my projects using this collection.....fussy cutting and lots of it - always a useful solution if you feel a paper is too busy for your needs.

There's a random layering of pennants (all cut from the patterned paper) together with Washi tape and a couple of buttons tucked in there.



The torn, layered circle also adds more dimension to the page.



The accordion embellishment is made from ordinary black card stock and a border punch.



The white circles are doodled on there by hand to tie in with the theme and patterns on the papers, and the little chick is fussy cut from a sheet of PP.

For the title I dug into my stash of forgotten and barely used eyelets......really need to use these more often!


So that's it for today.

Enjoy the glorious sunshine and I'll see you on Friday.
Take care,
Jayne.x.

4 comments:

Louise (Mamilou)

WOW Jayne.... this is gorgeous. And a good tip about paper that might be just a bit too busy... got some of those in my stash.

Deanna

Fantastic layout Jayne!

JanR

Gorgeous, Jayne! Fab photos too.

P.S. Love your card in the newest Designed to Color. That doily is awesome and your colouring is wonderful, as always!

Dee

Jayne, this is such a fun page. The embellishments are awesome and I love the layout too! Another great job!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...