Saturday, December 8, 2012

You Are My One And Only.

Good morning.

I hope you've had a good start to the weekend.

We have a busy, happy, family kinda thing going on today and tomorrow.......the only down side is that I have to go to work shortly for a few hours!
Tomorrow is the big day........The TREE!  Numerous hours of everyone getting the decorations on there (then me secretly following, re-arranging everything.....shhhh don't tell, they think it's looks perfect every time. Little do they know about my anal behaviour!)

Anyhow I thought it was about time I revealed a little more from my last Two Scrapbook Friends DT Kit.  This was using Authentique's 'Original' collection, if you can remember that far back to my first layout.

So today, we're going with a card.  This one uses a few of the papers and a sticker as the focal sentiment.......You Are My One And Only.


I love my new Mini8 punch from We R Memory Keepers, so that's what I used to create the 'envelope shape.  I also dug out the cheesecloth again and a few tiny fabric roses.  A gathered crepe paper flowers fits in nicely.


I bought a new 'doily' die too and the suggestion on the packaging was to sandwich a layer of waxed paper between the die and your PP to aid in easy removal.  When I cut it, I found the waxed paper was far too pretty to throw away, so that's the white, shadowy pattern you can see overlaying the stripes.

A sampling of jute/natural hemp and lace add to the shabby chic feel.


Done.

I hope you have a great weekend and I'll see you on Monday,
Jayne.x.

4 comments:

JanR

Lovely! Wonderful idea to use that wax paper.

Louise (Mamilou)

Indeed, what a great idea to use the wax paper on your project. I am all for re-using. This is a lovely envelope.

Dee

This card is awesome. I love the blue and white, the layout and your use of simple materials for embellishments. Another great card, Jayne!!!

Unknown

Hello Jayne I must say this is one of my favourites. It looks simple and delicate but I know it takes a great deal of concentration and thought. This so reminds me of you. Lol Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...