Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Sugar Bush.

Hi there, thanks for dropping in.

I have a double page for you today.......yes ANOTHER double that I created, and it's only January!  This means I probably only have to do one more this year to double my usual quota.

In all fairness though, this was again another layout I started at the very end of my scrappy weekend in November, and I finally decided to finish it last night.

The wait must have been worth it because I am happy with it at least........makes a change for any double I scrap.

So here goes with 'The Sugar Bush'.


Layout inspiration for this one came from a Pagemaps sketch.

The papers I used on here, from Authentique's 'Thankful' collection are technically Fall themed and this layout is not.......as you can see it's more Spring related (well a cold, maple syrup season, Canadian style Spring!) but I love the rich earthy colours and knew they'd work perfectly with the Kraft background.

I had to get some more of those wooden veneers that I'm lovin on there.........



............and another in the form of a word, layered on rolls of patterned paper.


I die cut a few tree branches to create 'the bush', then used my Dymo labeller together with Tim Holtz Kraftcore cardstock for the journalling strips.



And that just about does it!

I'll be back on Friday with a cute card, so till then, be safe out there,
Jayne.x.

6 comments:

JanR

Absolutely gorgeous, Jayne! I love the colours, the branches and the rolled paper really adds that extra somethin' somethin'.

Anonymous

Wow, wow, wow!! This is brilliant Jayne! Love the layouts,colours and all the details, especially the rolled papers. So interesting to look at.
xx

Louise

Love all the journaling and those cute little rolls. So much to look at. Great LO.

Welcome!

Oh my goodness, this is absolutely gorgeous! You are truly talented! Your amazing sb layouts make me want to start scrapbooking again! This is really fabulous!
K :)

Dee

I love this DOUBLE page layout. You have done a great job and it sure looks like you had fun!

Joanne

Wow - great double-page layout! I love the rolled paper and your wooden frame! Gorgeous :)
Joanne xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...