Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Happy Anniversary!

Hello again.

Tuesday marked the 47th Anniversary of my parents Wedding Day.....not bad eh?

Unfortunately it was also the day we waved them off over the Atlantic, back home to England.  I tell ya, I loathe that drive home alone from the airport........just makes it very apparent that I've driven a full car load for a month, then suddenly on that return trip home......there's me!

Oh well, I have to look forward to next year when we can once again have fun, laugh with (and at!) one another and generally drive each other crazy as families do.........worth every moment!

In honour of their special accomplishment, I thought I'd post on here the card I made for them, a few days after the fact I know, but at least for once, they did actually receive it from me on time!

Happy Anniversary!


A Mo Manning stamp (Jack and Ginger) came through for me on this one, together with a crafty friend.....thanks Dee!

I wasn't sure if I might get a flip around the ear when my parents saw this, as despite the 47 years, they are not actually this advanced in age........hence the sentiment to soften the blow!

I couldn't resist though, as it's such a sweet image - perfect for the 47 years of marital (ahem) bliss I'm sure we can all imagine and aspire too!

Jack and Ginger are coloured with Copic's - dusted off for a second time in as many weeks, and papers are from an MME 'Breeze' 6"x6" pad.


The layout was also loosely inspired by this weeks Deconstructed Sketch.

Have a wonderful day.......I'm hoping that each and every one of us gets to achieve our 47 year status, but more importantly.....be sure to enjoy the journey!

Take care,
Jayne.x.

7 comments:

Sharon

Adorable Jayne and fabulous colouring as always!

JanR

Gorgeous, Jayne! Wonderful colouring!

Happy Anniversary to your parents.

Dee

I am so glad to see the finished card...it is sweet and I love the caption. You are so blessed to have parents who have shown that true love really lasts the test of time. Happy Anniversary to them! Good job Jayne!

Tracey

Love this card!! Gorgeous colouring!!

Rosanne

A wonderful card and congrats to your parents!

Laureen

Lovely card for your parents! Liking the colours you used!

mn36

Lovely card Jayne...I'm not far from 47 years married only 4 years to go. I would love to receive this card...we all are aging and I'm certain they did not take the image the wrong way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...