Friday, July 26, 2013

Bees.....what else can I say?!

Hellooee! How's it going?

I probably should warn you that if you have an affliction toward 'bees' in any way, shape or form you may not want to continue reading today's post!

I am not a 'bee lover' myself as such, but when I'd completed 80% of the projects from my last Two Scrapbook Friends DT Kit, using the 'Bumble' collection by Adorn It, I was left with a rather excessive number of bee stickers and die cuts.

What's a girl to do?

Why......what any normal girl would of course, and make yourself a mini hive!

So that's what I did.

Got myself a quaint little paint can from the $$ store and got to work.  Here's the front showing a couple of labels, fussy cut from one of the sheets of patterned paper.


A slightly areal shot showing the pretty lid........


Full on shot of the doilies and pretty die cut flowers........


and........that's where the prettiness stops!

Now we get downs to bugs business.

I stuck a little hive in the Spanish moss there (it's actually a wooden hive shape that I covered with more PP).



Stuck most of those leftover stickers on the outside of the can..........


and the teeny bee die cuts are suspended on thin strips of acetate so that they 'float' as you move the can.......as if things weren't creepy enough!


OK, so I hope I haven't creeped you out completely........points for originality at least please?

I guess there's a first for everything and this is definitely a first (and last) for me.......I can't say I didn't enjoy it though.

Have a great weekend and I'll see you on Monday for crafting of the more 'normal' variety!

Bye for now,
Jayne.x.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...