Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Beautiful You.

Hi there, I know my posts were a little scarce last week so I thought I'd better make the effort and share something on here today.

This one's a layout I completed at a scrappy retreat 7 months ago!!

Can't believe it's been that long but it goes to shows how I'm trying to catch up posts!

Anyhow I do really like this one.......I love the simple captured shot of my eldest daughter (her cheeky little smile shines through) together with the combination of lots of 'Fall' embellies.

Here goes:

Beautiful You




A wood grain background will go down in history, well my history anyhow (which no-one will ever read but I'll share it with you all the same!) as one of my faves.

I also love the rustic paper edge effect, created by spritzing with water then scrunching the edges.  I usually give it a quick burst with an embossing tool to speed up the drying process and set things where I want them to be, then stitch it down by hand.


I inked/spritzed a chipboard flourish and grouped it together with a few flowers and foliage........don't you love that zipper?  I'm hoarding them so you may not see another on here for a while!


The banner is made from a few scraps, twine and eyelets......I'm still working my new found love for them!


And finally, one last cluster in the top corner to balance things.


Papers are from a whole bunch of manufacturers so no real point going into that......

and that's about it!

I'll be back tomorrow with this week's Little Red Wagon creation, but in the mean time, dinners in the Crockpot and I'm gonna attempt to start packing some necessities for my upcoming scrappy weekend.

Isn't it amazing how everything becomes a necessity when you start to pack for these things?!  Hope the car's big enough!

Have a great day,
Jayne.x.

5 comments:

Welcome!

Oh Gosh I LOVE this Jayne!!!!! Just got caught up browsing your lovely blog!! Love it all!!!

Tracey

This is just gorgeous Jayne!!

Joanne

Seriously gorgeous, Jayne! I love all the details!
Joanne xo

Frk. Bogstad

Great layout :)
Many details and fine autumn color.

Dee

I too love the woodgrain papers and this one is perfect. Everything on this page goes so well together and no we didn't end up needing all those necessities that we packed...lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...