Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Little Red Wagon #225 - Anything But A Card

Hello.

We have sickness in the house AGAIN!

I tell ya, I think I'm going to invest in a bulk load of Vitamin C next year just to make sure the friendly germs my kiddo's seem to welcome home on a regular basis, get the hint!

Anyhow this means of course that today's Little Red Wagon post is yet again.....late! At least I'm still posting on the correct day though so here goes........



It's Jan's turn to host this week's challenge and we must have been particularly bad (in my book anyway!) because she wants to see 'anything but a card' as long as it involves paper.....not my favourite challenge I'll admit even though there are plenty of options to choose from.

I wanted to do something different - a bookmark, a tag, an altered item came closest but after trawling the Silhouette store for quite some time I couldn't shake the feeling that I was cheating by letting the machine do all the work for me.

So eventually I decided to stick with what I know best and create a scrapbook layout.......it involves paper and is definitely not a card!

I also decided to have a little fun.

After scrapbooking for almost 7 years I still have absolutely no clue what my style is, or if I even have one!  I just like to try different stuff......whatever makes me happy, and this page is vastly different from my usual layouts I guess......and it makes me happy!

There's a magazine I LOVE, a British publication called Scrap 365 and recently they teamed together with Mixed Media Place for a Blog Hop.  I was transfixed for a couple of hours 'ooohing' and 'aaahing' over this talented bunch of ladies and knew I'd have to take the plunge sometime.

I quite often dabble in a little mixed media on my layouts but never full out, and although this one is by no means 'extreme' mixed media, it's probably as far as I'll go.

For more reasons than one, here's Brave.




So, what's going on in the background here?

Scrunched pieces of Washi tape and a layer of Gesso together with some stencilled moulding paste and a little random stamping........




 Messy thread and a chipboard heart, altered with Moulding Paste and Gelato's.........



Various embellies thrown on top and finished with another layer of Gesso, then drizzled with splotches of Glimmer Mist.


And finally the journalling, printed onto vellum, explains all.


So, why not be 'brave' yourselves and venture away from a card, for this weeks challenge. 

Link up over on the blog and check out a little 'non card' inspiration from the rest of the girlfriends.

In the mean time this baby will be heading into a couple of challenges itself.

The layout for this page was inspired by the current sketch over at Stuck?!Sketches.



You might say I took it and ran with it, but the basic arrangement is there.

Also the current 'What Are You Feeling' challenge over on the Mixed Media Place blog.......


.....happens to be for your interpretation of the word 'Courage'.

How convenient!

I'll be back again later this week with.....who knows what?

Have a great evening and I'll see you soon,
Jayne.x.

11 comments:

Rosanne

This is gorgeous Jayne!

Tracey

Love this Jayne!!! So gorgeous!!!

JanR

So cool! All the bits and bobs look wonderful!

Sandy Ross

Absolutely beautiful! I love your style! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

Tracy Penney

Jayne this is beautiful. I love the look so much. I haven't ventured this far into mixed media on my layouts either so great job.

Joanne

Oh my goodness! This is just stunning work, Jayne! Way to branch out and try something different!!
Joanne xo

Unknown

Just incredible Jayne, I could look at this for hours! Love the colours, the layers and your sweet journaling typed onto vellum! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stuck?!

Joefil

Just beautiful! love everything about this layout! Thank you so much for joining in with us at Stuck?!

Ann

Jayne, you worked the mixed media beautifully. I love this!! Love how you worked with the sketch, and made this page and Jan's challenge completely yours. Swooning over this!

Lee-Anne

Fabulous job on your mixed media layout! It is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

Welcome!

This has GOT to be the one you were talking about today! OMG GORGEOUS JAYNE! I'M IN LOVE!!! and cant stop looking, I find something different each time! I've got a little tear I'm so proud...lol!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...