Monday, April 28, 2014

You & Me........Enjoy Everyday Moments.

I've been playing around on my Silhouette Cameo, creating sketches a fair bit recently.

I must admit it seems to make the whole creative process flow a little more smoothly.  I create the sketch in the software first where everything's to scale, and I can even use a lot of the shapes/embellies that I will eventually be putting on the page.

This means I get to see exactly how the finished page will look........a big bonus for the procrastinator in me!

I don't use this method for every page, especially the artsy, fartsy throw everything on there kinda thing, but for DT work where I'm trying to utilize as much of a paper collection as possible..........awesome!

So that's how it helps me.

The bonus for you.........you get the sketch (if you feel inclined or desperate enough to use it! lol).

Everyone's a winner.

So, today I'm posting the first layout from my Two Scrapbook Friends DT kit using the Modern Miss collection from Bo Bunny.

Here's the sketch:


And here's my page.....You & Me.


This collection has a co-ordinating 12"x12" sheet of chipboard die cuts so I used lot's around here........


and for the banner too...........


I rubbed a white gelato onto a heart embossed brayer (American Crafts) and randomly added a little pattern to the background.


That's pretty much it other than a little stitching to finish things off.

Drop me a comment if you manage to use the sketch as I'd love to stop by and see the results.

Have a great day.....enjoy the sunshine,
Jayne.x.

3 comments:

Dee

I am always desperate for your sketches. This is an awesome page that you have designed. I like everything about it, starting with the woodgrain background. Another great job, Jayne!

Laureen

Cool! Lots of details to look at! Way to go!

Deanna

Gorgeous, so much detail!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...