Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Fall Fun

Alrighty, here I am back again today with my final submission to the Lets Get Sketchy 'Get Inspired' magazine........deadline closes by the end of the day so I have to get my skates on!

This layout will be submitted to their 'Mood Board' challenge - a new category they have introduced this time around and I LOVED it!

I always find this type of challenge inspiring as there are so many ways to interpret, and the whole 'mood' thing gets the creative juices flowing instantly!

Here's the Mood Board which you can also find over on the Get Inspired Magazine blog:


Isn't it gorgeous?

The first thing that hit me was that I wanted to include denim leaves on my page........my only hold back was trying to find a 'Fall' kinda photograph.

I think I must have scrapped most of them, cause I couldn't find a single one on my phone or camera!

I finally hunted down an oldie, sitting in a pile my FIL had brought over from England a few years ago.  I reckon this one is approx. 5 or 6 years old but still a goodie.

Here goes........

Fall Fun. 



There's quite an abundance of stamping, texture paste and distress ink on the background, but it looks fairly subtle which pleases me.


Layers of fabric paper, burlap and corrugated cardboard all add to the texture, as well as a little washi tape, wooden embellies, and I distressed the edge of my photo with a sandpaper file.


Here are those denim leaves I envisioned!



I picked up the leaf stem and flowers over the weekend and knew they would work perfectly on this page, but I had to have those denim leaves!

I decided to cut some extra's with my Silhouette and added the wine coloured buttons (masquerading as berries!).....another vision! Lol

Finally when I chose the papers for this page, the heart patterned fabric paper had just enough green on there to satisfy the colour scheme on the Mood Board.......unfortunately I covered most of it up whilst getting carried away with my layers!

I chose to add a little more in the form of a wooden circle, placed over a torn piece in the background paper.


That's about all I think so I'll be heading over to the Get Inspired blog to link up.

Have a good one and I'll be seeing you again tomorrow for a Little Red Wagon post.

Take care,
Jayne.x.

5 comments:

Dee

Jayne, this page is so lovely! I really like your choice of everything. The layers and layers add such depth to the rich colours. Great job!

Nadine Carlier

Wow, gorgeous page! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Let's Get Inspired!

Joanne

Just beautiful, Jayne!
Joanne xo

Unknown

Seriously stunning!

Tiiu

Absolutely gorgeous layout. Wow! The buttons as berries are perfect. I love the script paper leaves. I just love everything!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...