Saturday, November 15, 2014

Inspiration Elevator - Fun In The City

Our main purpose here at IE is to challenge ourselves, each other and YOU to take the creative process to the next level;  to inspire growth and change in our scrapbooking beyond the mundane.
You can see all of Inspiration Elevator's previous challenges on Facebook .

 This month's challenge is issued by the creative Katherine Sutton. Katherine has a fabulous, eclectic style where she showcases all kinds of mediums and keeps the focus on her great photos. This month she has a warm seasonal challenge for us. Here it is in her own words:

" 'cos Autumn is all about layers of leaves and layers of jumpers (in the northern hemisphere) I would like to challenge you to add lots of layers to your page....this could be layers of paints, inks, stamps, papers, glassine paper, acetate....lots of lovely layers."

So, I myself love to use layers on all of my pages whether it's a clean and simple look, or messy mixed media kind of thing..........they're a fairly easy way of adding depth and interest to your layout.

For this months challenge I decided to push myself further and get creative with my layers.

Here's what I ended up with:

Fun In The City.


As you can hopefully see, I got and oversized 8"x12" photograph developed at Costco and layered it behind a mask I cut using my Silhouette.


It provides a funky little backdrop and is the perfect accompaniment to my smaller photo, as this is the view of Toronto's cityscape from where we had our fun day out on the Islands.

I added another little cluster of layers down in the left corner of course......


And finished things with a title, again cut using the Silhouette.......I couldn't resist a hand doodled outline!


That's it from me but we encourage you to check out each designer's creation this month: here's a complete list of this month's participating designers!

Why not give the challenge a try yourself? Then pop by our Facebook page and share with us what you created!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jayne.x.

8 comments:

Katherine

What a super idea with the overlay over the photo and then another photo on top - I love it :)

Christa

Hockey Doodle you really HAVE stretched into amazing territory here. That overlay is powerful and really adds to your design. Powerful!

Michelle Hernandez

!!!!!' So smart!!! Fantastic solution to the challenge- that photo is so iconic it's perfect for this kind of fun treatment. Love how you added a pop of color in the bottom- this is wonderful!

Lisa Spiegel

Okay. This is BRILLIANT. That is all. BRILLIANT. :)

Ann

SWOON!! Count on you to think outside of the box with your layers - I love the huge photo peeking through your diecut paper - so amazingly clever!! You always amaze!

wendipooh13

that is such a cool overlay for the photo!!!! such a cool idea, LOVE how your page turned out!!!!

LisaM

What a brilliant idea to take that large photo and add the cut file on top of it! Awesome page!

Tiiu

Another simply amazing layout! Love the huge B&W behind the cut file and the inset colour photo. So loving what you've been creating! Just awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...