Saturday, August 8, 2015

Sketchy Friday at Scrapmuch? - It's All In The Smile

Well hello there!

Another week has flown by but I have finally finished work for the day, so it's time to catch up on this weeks Sketchy Friday challenge over on the Scrapmuch? blog.

This weeks sketch is a beauty and I definitely see myself using this one again sometime.  Here's my page for this week:

It's All In The Smile



And here's that sketch I mentioned:


So, obviously I flipped it 90 degrees to accommodate the proportions of my photographs, but I do love working with smaller prints so this sketch suits me perfectly.

I started with a fabulous wood grain patterned paper from MME for my background (can't go wrong with a wood grain in my book!), then continued with a Tim Holtz stencil and some Martha Stewart Texture Paste for the sunburst element.


A single flower flourish and a looped/stapled strip of paper for embellishment.


I love that some of the most effective embellies, such as this simple curled piece of paper, happen to be the cheapest and most accessible!

Finally, a little random stamping to complete the look.


That's me done, but I know you're dying to create your own page with this weeks Sketch so go ahead!  Just don't forget to link up over on the Scrapmuch? Blog to be in with a chance of winning this months prize.

I'm off to go see what the rest of the Team has been up to so have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you next week,
Jayne.x.

2 comments:

Sandy Ross

Love that curled piece of paper...awesome idea! And your stamping on your background is just perfect!!! Fabulous!!!

Unknown

Stunning Jayne, great colour and dimension!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...